Monday, February 20, 2012

Rosemary Bean Sandwich


I was in the mood for a quick healthy lunch so I just looked in the fridge to see what was in there and this is what I put together. I buy at The Fresh Market an organic gourmet soybean spread made by a local South Florida company that is absolutely delicious. The company is called BB good beans (http://bbgoodbeans.com/home) and they have a total of three different dips and spreads that they make, but this particular one was called the Rockin' Rosemary and it is my favorite.  Also the bread that I used is not your ordinary whole wheat or whole grain bread.  The bread I buy is an organic sprouted and flourless whole grain bread and the company is called Food for Life. (http://www.foodforlife.com/) Its good stuff!

Recipe:

Toasted Bread
Rockin' Rosemary Bean Dip
Thick slice of tomato
Sliced Red Bell Peppers
Parsley
Balsamic Mustard Spread (see recipe)

Balsamic Mustard Spread:
Dijon Mustard
Balsamic Vinaigrette
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Cayenne Pepper
Pepper

If you don't live in South Florida no worries you can substitute the Rockin' Rosemary dip with any other bean dip, such as hummus or make your own bean dip at home with black, red, or any other type of beans that you have.  Delicious and most importantly it is good for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment