Friday, May 11, 2012

Mussels and Calamari



Mussels Fra Diavolo.  Fresh steamed mussels that comes together so wonderfully in this homemade spicy marinara sauce and topped off with chopped parsley.  Aside from being an excellent source of protein mussels are low in fat, low in calories and very high in Vitamin B12 (many vegetarians/vegans lack this vitamin the most).  So mussels are not only very good in taste but it is also important to include it into your eating schedule every now and then.


Now I know I brag about Mazza having the best fried calamari, but Russo's have to be my ultimate favorite.  Especially since they include the tentacles, which are my favorite part!  This dish is so simple that it should be a sin.  Fresh cut calamari is lightly tossed in flour then fried, and then once they are done a light sprinkle of salt, pepper, parsley and fresh romano cheese is added.  If I could I would eat this every day!

Check out the rest of their menu.  And yes this is an Italian franchise restaurant.  This place is 10 times better than Olive Garden, Macaroni Grill, Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza and any other Italian franchise restaurant out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment