Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Organic Spinach Fettuccine with Beet Spread


So I found a little spare time on my hands and a kitchen needing of some usage.  So I decided I would make a healthy pasta dish but one with a spin on your ordinary ingredients.  Having some canned beets and canned garbanzo beans I threw them in a blender and added a few garlic cloves, onion powder, tahini, a lot of whole cracked peppercorn, fresh squeezed lemon juice and a little bit of extra virgin olive oil.  Once the spread was complete I put that aside and boiled some organic spinach fettuccine pasta made with jerusalem artichoke flour.  Shaving some manchego cheese and adding a few leaves of peppery arugula and you are ready to enjoy.

The picture looks pretty and everything but I attacked this dish by adding about a handful more of shaved manchego cheese and arugula, drizzled with some black truffle oil and added just a dab of balsamic vinegar.  

No comments:

Post a Comment