Monday, May 21, 2012

Seafood Risotto



So today I got a surprise meal from a very considerable chef that I know.  He whipped up the most amazing and delicious seafood dish.  I tried as hard as I could to have him tell me how he made it but he would not spill his whole secret.  So as far as I know the base of the risotto was a shrimp broth that was made fresh from scratch using the shrimp's shell that you can accumulate while deveining shrimp.  After the broth was complete, from what I able to distinguish from the finished dish was...Shrimp, fish and mussels mixed with some white whine, white onions, sage and cracked pepper. I know I am probably missing some other important ingredients but nonetheless this was soooo good!  A true chef can create any dish from scratch at the top of their head with whatever fresh ingredients is available to him/her.

No comments:

Post a Comment