Friday, March 9, 2012

Insalata Caprese con Black Truffle Sacchetti

A few nights ago I brought home some dinner from a newly opened Italian Restaurant in Broward.  Even though it is a franchise restaurant the food is not comparable to your other ordinary franchises in the market.  Olive Garden, Macaroni Grill, Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza and the rest can just sit down for the time being.

  
Every Caprese Salad is the same containing the same simple ingredients.  So what differentiates this one compared to the rest.  Quality of the basic ingredients really pull it apart from the rest and presentation adds an extra touch to its distinction.  Fresh Roma Tomato, Buffalo Mozzarella, fresh basil, Sicilian extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  Served chilled and with a sprinkle of fresh cracked whole peppercorn.  I am almost in heaven...



If you don't know what truffles taste like then you are missing out on something beyond palatable.  If you have tried any type of truffles before then your mouth should already be watering.  This is one of Russo's Coal Fired Italian Kitchen's house specialties on the menu and it would not let down any truffle lover such as myself.  The Black Truffle Sacchetti consists of pasta stuffed with black truffles, ricotta impastata, and imported pecorino romano cheese and finished with a portobello marsala wine sauce.  I decided to add some extra cheese that I already had at my house.  I mean extra cheese can never hurt your tastebuds, just your cholesterol.  So I decided to grate some Parmigiano-Reggiano and serve myself an ice cold glass of an Italian Moscato D'Asti.  

Okay now I am beyond satisfied and past heaven if there was never any limit to it.  Floating on cloud nine with this special Thursday night dinner meal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment