Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Bottom Shelf Chocolate Ice Cream


Now trust me when I tell you this dessert delight takes you floating on cloud nine and kicking clouds with the birds.  Just take your favorite type of store bought chocolate ice cream and scoop out two spherical delights into any regular bowl.  Add a small handful of whole walnuts and almonds, flaxseed's, your regular store bought salted potato chips, and if that wasn't eccentric enough for you then here comes the curve ball.

Double Spiced Popcorn!

I have a popcorn machine at my house so I have the ability to flavor the kernel any which way I please, but if you do not have a popcorn machine at your home then regular store bought popcorn will subdue. Just when you take it out of the microwave make sure you add some cayenne powder while it is still hot to flavor it with some spicyness and give it a nice shake to evenly coat the popcorn.

But if you are the fortunate few who do own a popcorn machine, then just add some spiced olive oil.  I use a red habanero infused olive oil that I buy from my local farmers market and regular white corn kernels.  Once it is fresh and hot out of the machine then I sprinkle some cayenne pepper for an additional heat.  Grab a bountiful handful and top it off of your bottom shelf chocolate ice cream and taste the sinful bliss.

A nice smooth medium bodied red with sweet floral notes will go perfectly with this dish.  Either a Cab or Merlot from Argentina adds a nice finishing note to your palate.

It sounds difficult but I guarantee you the finished product while be majical! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment