Saturday, March 24, 2012

Fried Calamari Slider



I cant tell you how long I have been wanting to make this recipe, but I never seemed to have the time.  Well it being Friday yesterday I thought I deserved a little treat.  So here's what I did...

From your favorite Italian or Mediterranean restaurant buy their fried calamari.  Then on an potato roll bun layer a good amount of garlic spread (see recipe), thinly sliced ripe tomatoes, stack the crispy fried calamari, add broccoli/alfalfa sprouts (pictured above is broccoli sprouts) and then add some fresh squeezed lemon juice before you finish it off with the top bun.

Garlic Spread Recipe:

Handful of garlic cloves
Greek Yogurt
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Parsley
Pepper

With the large handful of garlic cloves all peeled off of its skin, place in a baking pan drizzled with olive oil and pepper.  Roast in the oven at 325 F for about 20-25 minutes.  Once the garlic cloves have finished roasting throw all the cloves along with the olive oil into a blender.  Add 2 tablespoons of Greek Yogurt, a small handful of parsley and press blend.  Once the consistency is smooth you are ready spread it on your potato rolls.



I also made another slider but instead of the broccoli sprouts I used some peppery arugula.  Both sliders tasted great.  Sounds strange but trust me you should definitely try this dish out.  Maybe with an ice cold glass of white sangria or Moscato D'Asti or maybe some of both.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment