Monday, April 2, 2012

Truffled Mushroom Slider



With the grand opening of Whole Foods near my house I have bought some new truffled goodies.  Black Truffle Oil and Truffled Cheese!

This particular slider I sauteed baby bella mushrooms with a robust Argentinian Malbec wine, extra virgin olive oil and fresh cracked whole peppercorn.  Caramelized spanish onion and an added pinch of cayenne pepper.  Peppery arugula tossed in an aged balsamic vinagrette.  Thick chunks of the truffled cheese and Parmigiano-Reggiano.  And for the peace de resistance I heavily drizzled the black truffle oil on the lightly toasted slider bun.

It was heaven in my mouth.  I had to make another slider and this time I added a little bit of fig spread which complimented everything ever so wonderfully.  And as far as libations go I tried a Rhone wine that had hints of truffle.  All I'm saying is that too much truffles can never be bad enough. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment