Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Italian Tofu Insalata



Inspiration for this salad came from a combination of hunger and the limitation of the contents in my fridge.

First I marinated the diced firm tofu in balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder and fresh cracked whole peppercorn.  In a sauteed pan I heated extra virgin olive oil with oregano, cayenne pepper and diced up sun dried tomatoes.  In a medium-high heat pan I sauteed the tofu and sundried tomatoes together.  While that is going on I prepared a plate of arugula with shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano, crumbled Balsamic Bellavitano Cheese and flax seeds.  Once the tofu looks crispy enough to your liking just add it to your greens and cheeses.  Drizzled with a light amount of balsamic vinegar and you are all set to dig in.

To complete this little semi-taste of Italy it is only right to wash it down with some Disaronno Amaretto.  I enjoy mine served on the rocks with just a squeeze of fresh orange juice.


No comments:

Post a Comment